Sunday, January 4, 2009

Great to be a Teacher!

There are many reasons I like being a teacher, but right now, during the holiday season, I am reminded of why I like my profession: a two week break. =) Who wouldn't? I have had to say that I have had a full two weeks of no work, lots of play, and a lot of productive days! It has been one of the best breaks in my working career.

Here are some highlights:
1. MY BIRTHDAY! The festivities began the night before with some of my favorite friends in the Salt Lake Valley! They threw a "12 year old slumber party" for me. THe most fun I've had for A LONG time. That is right next to the backyard campout. (which was also a night to remember....man I have GREAT friends!)

The following day WAS my birthday, and was it ever a great one. I woke up from my slumber party to some further fun with the camera. =) If only I had those pictures....maybe shortly, I'll work on that. Then off to lunch and shopping with mom and my Aunt Debbie at Paradise! TASTY!

That night, I had a little gathering of a random group of friends. Thank you to all of you who came. It was a delight for me and I hope it was for you too!

2. CHRISTMAS! It was a snowy one, but it turned out to be quite relaxing and fun. My mother and I stayed in our pajama's and fuzzy warm robes until the mid afternoon. It sure was out of the ordinary for both of us, but oh so fun. When it stopped snowing and we got to removing all the snow off the driveway for our Christmas Guests to pull in! Thank goodness for a nice hometeacher who cleared the driveway in the morning so instead of a massive amount of snow, it was more controlable!

A Christmas highlight was talking to my brother, Chad on the phone! ALthough I think our random comments about the snow, the cars trying to drive up and down the roads, and the dogs running around the snow in our front yard may have gotten annoying for Chad. Sorry.....but it was sure entertaining. None the less it was fun talking to Chaderoo! Three and a half weeks and counting until his baptism by fire back into real life.

The evening we had a delightful meal complete with cornish game hens that were BEAUTIFUL.



Oh and Christmas Eve mom made these fabulous coconut icecream balls that were DELIGHTFUL to the tounge.



3. Shall I entitle my third highlight JENNA DYCKMAN!
We had more fun than I think imaginable. Infact after 4-5 days of playing I had to take a sleep in and do nothing day because we were both exhausted! We filled our time with baking, sledding, sleepovers, banana grams, shopping, sledding, watching movies, sledding, snow shoeing, making good food, and all around having fun! And that we did. Here are a few pictures of our madness:







May I also mention our obsession for this:


A GREAT movie! Long yes, but good? DEFINATELY. Check out the movie, and then after check out the music on ITUNES. That's what we did. We love both, and especially the Elton John song. =)

The best game we played, well besides last nights Rosenkonig....


If you've never played it, I know two people who'll play it with you!

Oh and I ended the weeks of fun with hanging out with Jenna's sister, also my cousin, and her fiance! We also went sledding (Jenna and I HAD to show them the awesome hill we found up the street from her moms.....), shopping at Spoon N Spice, and eating some TASTY food.



Well I believe that is all, peace out!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I liked the post! Make sure to keep sledding!! I will have to come down for a weekend so we can sled! Tell me when you get Rosenkonig!

Kristen R. said...

yay, I found the blog. It is terrific. But...I have read this post twice now and I am requesting another post. Immediately. Kristen

Kristina said...

I didn't know you had a blog miss jamie! We had fun on Monday too!! We should play more often.

Kristen R. said...

okay, time for another post...

Jonathan said...

Snowshoeing!!!! You didn't even invite me!!! YOU ARE SO VERY FIRED RIGHT NOW!!!