Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2009 is a Year for ChAnGe!

Obama stated it right in his saying of ChAnGe! =)

Many things have changed for the life of Jamie Whatcott, and I need to catch my blog up with it all.

First of all the return of Elder Chad Whatcott! It is sure a delight to have Chaderoo back home (relatively speaking, home really is in Texas, but I guess we may have to someday actually call Utah home....). Either way it has been fun to spend time with Chad again and to hear about his mission. I've never been more proud of my little brother. Hearing him speak report to the high council, and then speak in church was an amazing experience for me. Beautiful! I know he knows that the gospel is true and he found out what true missionary service was.

And the documented pictures:


The Crew waiting for him. (he actually went to the wrong terminal, and ended up not coming down the stairs we were waiting for him at, but rather from behind! =) sneaky brother)



Mother and Daughter Picture



The Whatcott Family



Auntie Debbie!



Look at that smile! =) Love it



Brother and the best sister in the Universe =)

Secondly, my fabulous mother married Ray Buck on February 14th! You got that right, Valentine's day they got Hitched! It was nice and a delightful wedding. I decided that now I will call her Mama Buck. =) Chad sung at it and impressed everyone there, and got the invitation to sing at our cousin Taylor's wedding! I don't have any pictures from the wedding quite yet because my mother's running partner from Texas took some amazing pictures, but I have yet to get any.....so those pictures are on their way. =)

After the wedding the Smith side of the family gathered for dinner and what fun it was!


The whole Crew!









There you go! It sure was fun, and tasty for that matter!

Third change is not as positive as the other two....I had to start Chemotherapy again a few weeks ago. It is looking like another four rounds are in order. They told me I didn't have enough fun with it the first time, so they thought they would let me have another chance. =) So far it is going as best as one can hope for. =) I do have a lovely assistant (Chad) to help me make it to and through my days at my job. The Lord gives us trials and challenges, but he also gives us ways to make it through them. Tender mercies, and little angels to help us along. Chad is one of those little angels! (and anyone who has to put up with my little emotional and physical rollar coasters) Mother you are another one. =) Thanks for being the angel you are to me! Keep praying, I know it is working!

and while i am posting pictures....here is one of my cute niece and nephew!




Ta, ta until later!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

how fun that your brother is home! and i am so happy for you mom. that is just so great! i will keep you in my prayers jamie! you such are a sweetheart. and could those kids be any cuter? oh my! : )

The Nicolaysens said...

Wow! You've been busy! I am so glad that you're mom got married - I am happy for her. I hope the chemo goes well, you are in my prayers and you're such an example to me of strength. Good luck :)