Friday, June 19, 2009

New York!

I got a much needed break from life last weekend when I got to go visit one of my favorite people in the universe: Annalisa! My mother was so kind as to let me use her frequent flyer miles ticket too. =)

I left early Thursday morning to take my trek across country. I had a stop in Atlanta that left me on a flight that kept getting delayed (because of the NYC weather), but I had my IPOD and the whole third season of Prison Break to keep me company! (if you don't know Prison break is pretty my new favorite show!) It all worked out though, because then Annalisa was able to meet me at the airport. We took a taxi to her place and decided to get a manicure and pedicure! It was the best.....I sure do love getting my nails done!

Friday I met Annalisa at her work (after going the wrong direction on the subway and ending up in Queens first....ha ha) for lunch with her and two people she works with.





This is my favorite....ha ha


After lunch we headed to Target for some shopping, and found out that Target didn't have ANY TOOTSIE ROLLS! Then it was back to her place and made some tasty stuffed bell peppers. That evening we headed out to check out the new addition of lawn chairs and closed roads down at times square....and got some sweet pictures (with the tootsie rolls we found at CVS on the way=) Oh yes and Annalisa's baby bump got documented, she's a cute pregnant one!







An igloo we saw:



Us on the Red Steps:




Some sweet Fossil Sunglasses:


A talented man in Times Square playing a drum that I just can't remember what it is called.....I gave him a dollar for his skills!


Pictures on the Subway home:




Saturday morning we woke up early to go to the Manhattan Temple! I love that temple. I did have issues staying awake, I won't lie. After we met up with Jon and Annalisa's good friends for brunch that was SUPER tasty! Annalisa got the french toast, I got the lemon pancakes and we shared. The orange juice was especially great, tasted as if it was fresh squeezed!




We played some bananagrams that afternoon. Then it was time to get ready for Annalisa and Kari's baby shower! Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate so what was supposed to be a rooftop baby shower ended up at the church. Either way it was fun. Good people, good food, and some sweet kareoking! (I can't spell that word....and spell check didn't help me out, sorry) I even sang myself, with a new friend. =)

Yes this is a pig made by one of Annalisa's friends, yes MADE BY HER OWN TWO HANDS...cute huh?






Sunday we went to church and just had a relaxed afternoon. Annalisa made her friend dinner so I got to see a bit of Harlem when we went to drop of the dinner! More bananagrams were played upon return! That was after some of the tasty waffle cone icecream...my new favorite. In fact I just bought some for myself today....you should try some too! Waffle cone pieces covered in chocolate, in vanilla icecream joined with all sorts of goodness!

LOVED MY TRIP THOUGH, and especially love these two:


Thanks for letting me come visit you!

3 comments:

Vehar Family said...

It looks like you had SUCH a fun trip! I love NYC! Your apartment is so cute... your new chair is an especially nice touch :)

Jenna said...

Hey did you go into the charmin bathroom up at time square?

Sarah said...

I can't believe that you were on the east coast and didn't even tell us you were coming. We are only a 7 hour drive south of NYC!! :) Looks like you had fun though.