1) The first was a conversation with my cousin Jenna a little over a week ago. The conversation went something like this:
Jenna: "I think I will start a blog when I start college and I have something exciting to write about."
Me: "What?!?! You are saying your life hasn't been exciting?" (This is after an out of this world Blue Bell run with her brother and nephew before she left North Carolina, AND all the fun we had been having since she arrived in Utah.)
Jenna: "It's not that. I've been having fun......"
Obviously caught in her words. =)
Me: "I'm just joshing with you, but all I'm saying is that I think you have had some Blog-worthy postings recently."
**My Fabulous cousin, Jenna, and the beloved Blue Bell Icecream**
2) This second experience to motivate me in my blogging endeavor is actually inspired by a friends blog I read yesterday. The beginning entry read something like this:
"We decided that since we are having a baby that we now should start a blog because now we have something to write and post pictures about."
Are they saying that their life wasn't blog-worthy before? Nothing ever was worthy to be written about or photos to be posted?? I submit that that isn't true.
3) Last but not least is a conversation(s) dating back a few months, with a friend. We spoke of how it is important to remain being creative throughout life. One creative outlet, of many, is through writing. How important it is to write things down. We get told all the time how it helps with our memory, helps us remember the good things in life. Our memory can only be so good on its own, but with a little a help, wa-bam! I love writing down my thoughts and feelings about experiences I have in life. Later when you return to, and read those thoughts, those same feelings you had a week, month, or years ago comes back almost as real as when it happens, at least for me.
What I guess I am saying is this: I submit that everyone has something to say, something to share, something to write about, something that is definately blog-worthy, so lets blog on.
After these two different experiences, I decided I should blog myself. Welcome. Welcome to fun. Welcome to my thoughts. Welcome to my crazy writing. Welcome to family. Welcome to friends. Welcome to me. Welcome to the 'Musings in the Mountains.'
**Photo Courtesy of Ben Cook (and he doesn't even know.....thanks to Facebook....but thanks Ben, you are a GREAT photographer of beauty.)**
2 comments:
welcome welcome! I'm happy to know you now have a blog so I can actually see what you're up to, or hear rather since you will be writing life's mysteries...j/k. blog on!
This was funny. I was just reading back over your ENTIRE BLOG and I couldn't agree more. May everyone blog to annotate their life and realize that they DO have something important to write about!
Post a Comment