Saturday, December 13, 2008

Honesty: Part 2

This post will piggy back my previous post on honesty.

I really have been thinking about honesty a lot recently. It is amazing how 'dishonest' we can be with different aspects of our life sometimes. Maybe dishonesty isn't the correct word, maybe more of just 'hiding the truth' or 'hiding the facts' would be more accurate.

My last post I was frustrated with a person in my life who I felt was being dishonest with me, or really just hiding the truth from me. Don't friends tell each other things? I thought so, or at least I thought that was the case the last time I checked the 'how to be a friend' list. =)

In all honesty though (ha ha) I haven't been completly honest either (because any relationship, yes even friendship, is a two sided activity.) I've just been going along thinking that honesty just falls into your lap, but it doesn't. It's hard to do. That's why people AREN'T honest, because it takes work. AND it is easier just to do nothing about it rather than throw yourself out there, for the lions.

With that said, I am going to throw myself to the lions, the lion. =) I am going to put honesty out there. Once and for all I am just going to do it. Who cares what the consequence. At least I may be one step closer to a magical word called peace.

Ah peace. Yes that is what I long for. Peace on a certain matter. Peace that I've done all that I can, and then you just live with the consequences. Of course you have to be prepared for the consequences of honesty, and that is something I have come to realize I am alright with now. I am alright with whatever the outcome may be, because honestly I am ready for it.

BRING IT ON!

No comments: