How did I celebrate? GO RUNNING! I have been getting back into it, and with that announcement from the doctor, I am going to start going everyday! Life is blossoming more than it ever has. I went running Monday for a good 35 minutes, and then went again today for 45 minutes. That is pure happiness to my soul. Really it is. I love running. I love anything athletic a physical. I can't say that I am the best at any physical activity, but I sure love doing it. I love the feeling it gives me while I am doing it. I love the feeling it gives me after it. I love running and jamming out to music. I love running different routes and seeing the beauty of the outdoors. I LOVE IT ALL!
As I ran yesterday and today I really felt 100%! I feel like Jamie really has returned. I hope to never loose this Jamie again. The last 6 months or so have been rough, and many times I had little hope. BUT now I have gained a new perspective on life. Things come and go, but life will not always stay the same. Things change. A new day comes and the next day can't be as bad as the day before. During Chemo my mom would always tell me that: "The next day will be better than today." Everytime she told me I would tell her I knew it she was right, but I remember thinking that it was sure hard to REALLY believe that. I do now believe that. I was beat over the head with round after round of chemo, and it REALLY did get better with each passing day.
This is SO true with everything in life. Things DO get better, improve, each day. Heartbreaks pass, sad feelings get happier, you begin feeling better whatever the trouble may be. Writing this I am reminded of Elder Wirthlin's talk from this last conference: "Come What May and Love it" May I share a few of my favorite things and aspects that I want to be a part of who I am becoming!
"....... every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."
"Learning to endure times of disappointment, suffering, and sorrow is part of our on-the-job training. These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are precisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character, and increase our compassion for others."
“Come what may, and love it.....I know why there must be opposition in all things. Adversity, if handled correctly, can be a blessing in our lives. We can learn to love it."
May we all learn to love life, ALL parts of our life. I know I am going to try again at doing what I used to be a little better at but lost a little of. I love life! I love that I get this opportunity to be on earth! I love that I have such a great support of family and friends. Thanks to all the examples in my life, you are more than you'll ever know!

I LOVE this one!
(What gets better than playing with a cute niece all of Thanksgiving break, NOTHING!)
(What gets better than playing with a cute niece all of Thanksgiving break, NOTHING!)
5 comments:
Hooray What-what!!! That's wonderful news! As always, thanks for your thoughts. You are wonderful. :)
I loved that talk to, it was one of my favorites. And yeah for the good news! That's great! Oooh, and you're a good inspiration to get running again, I kinda took a break and that break has been about 3 months too long =) Have fun and thanks for all you share with the us bloggers, I love reading your posts. PS - your place is way cute, love all the pics =)
JAMIE!!!! I was SO happy to see your little comment on my blog! I have asked and asked about your whereabouts so I could get in touch with you and hooray for blogging you found me first! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better. You are a babe. Remember those crazy Jacob Lake days? Crazy times, but good :)
Excellent news!
That's the Jamie I know and LOVE! I'm so happy for your uplifting news! That's so wonderful. Life is full of so many blessings and miracles everyday! We all have so much to be thankful for!
Post a Comment