
Everyone has them. Things on the list of 'in my perfect world.' What is it for you? I think about them all the time. Here I am to impart my first installment with you.
For the first installment it's all about windshield wipers.
Back story. This thought came to me yesterday as I was driving around running errands. It was sprinkling all day. As rain does, sometimes the droplets fall faster or slower. When you get in your car the speed at which the rain falls becomes more apparent as you now have to engage the windshield wipers occasionally.
There becomes the predicament. Where do you set your windshield wipers?
1. To the crazy insane speed where it gets any droplet off faster than you can imagine (accept for those times where it is raining so hard that no matter how hard your wipers try, there is no way you are going to see decently until the rain slows down). At this crazy speed many times you get the obnoxious dry wiper noise, which is why I avoid this one most of the time.
2. To the crazy middle speeds somewhere where it feels like they are just not keeping up and you spend your time turning them off and back on again so you can get the windshield as dry as you'd like. Or the opposite happens, and once again you are left with the dry wiper noise (which I am sure isn't good for those wipers either).
3. The slow as molasses speed. This is usually where I leave mine. It's almost like a guessing game of when they are going to wipe because it feels like eternity between the times they wipe. I begin to wonder in the long pause if the wipers are even on. Even though this is where my wipers stay most of the time it is still obnoxious in the fact that the wipers never go the right speed.
Moral of the story: there really isn't a sufficient speed to put my wipers. It's either too fast, or to slow, there hardly ever seems to be the 'perfect speed.' Wouldn't that be cool though if someone invented the wiper that would be able to have a sensor of when to wipe? None of these guessing games with the wipers. Perhaps more people could focus on more productive topics, like world peace. =)
Thanks for tunning in. =)
5 comments:
i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks about things like this...
It's good to have you back, Jamie! It's been too long! I'm loving your grandparents playing Big Bootie!
TOO funny! HA! It made me laugh =)
I actually think they DO have a sensor for windshield wipers! You should get a mini cooper... they have an option for that!
Jamie this is genius! And I'm so glad you found me in the world of bloggers! Yay. I miss you. :)
Oh do I hear ya on that wiper dilemma. It's one of my slight annoyances I just deal with on my '94 Chevy Blazer. I keep hoping that when we finally get a new car the wipers will be magically satisfying!
Post a Comment