Picture this: It is a late hour (which may be different for each of us. For me 10 or 11 is considered late, and frankly past my bedtime =), you have just spent a delightful evening with your favorite friends or family. Tasty food, intense games, and most importantly the best company one could ask for were enjoyed by all. With all these great things comes the awful truth of it having to end, and even worse THE DRIVE HOME!
Who else thinks the drive home at the end of a great night can seem so daunting? Even if the drive is only down the street and around the corner? I sure do. Sometimes I delay this fact as long as possible, because the thought of having to part on my own and drive home alone just seems like the end of the world for that moment. (I know it's not, but it sure feels like it.)
As many times as I experience this feeling and try to tell myself it's ok, I still feel it, and still feel sad every departure. The whole drive home seems to be like a movie in slow motion.
When Jamie has her own world this problem will be fixed with a magic button. By pushing a button you can say your goodbyes, and then magically be transported to your home destination, and all ready to say your prayers and hop in bed. How fantastic would this be? No more slow motion drives home.
oh and p.s. Definitely is the hardest word for me to remember how to spell. I always want to spell it "definately." I usually try a few times to spell it on my own and then either use spell check or try a different word altogether. (It happened as I wrote this post, I believe I used the second option, just using a different word. Ha ha)
1 comment:
I FINALLY learned how to spell definitely six months ago when I decided I should stop using spell checker ever five minutes for the same word. We're definitely related.
Post a Comment