Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'll stop teasing your taste buds and give you the goodness!

My lovely blog readers,
Apologies in your direction for teasing your taste buds but giving no way to please them. I'll definitely never do it again! If I post something fantastically delicious I will post the recipe.

With that out of the way, here is me repenting for my last post. (and I will dedicate it to my friend Annie who wrote BEGGING for it. I always respond to begging =)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sour Cream Apple Bars
(from this Best of Baking magazine that I picked up one time, all of them have been winners so far that I've tried. so stay tuned for more from this superb magazine)

Crust Filling
1 cup butter, softened 1 cup sour cream
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 3/4 cup sugar
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup all-purpose flour 1 egg
1 cup chopped walnuts 2 medium (2 cups) apples, unpeeled, shredded
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add all remaining crust ingredients; continue beating until well mixed.

Press HALF of crust mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.

Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Pour filling over hot, partially baked crust. Crumble remaining crust mixture over filling and press down lightly.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store refrigerated.

tip: If a tart red apple is used, the red peep adds a little color to the sour cream filling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turtle Fudge Brownie Pie
(from that same fabulous magazine)

Brownie Sauce
1 package brownie mix with pecans 15 caramels, unwrapped
3 Tablespoons water 1/3 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, melted 1/4 cup half & half
2 eggs
12 caramels, unwrapped, cut in half Topping
1 quart butter pecan ice cream
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of a 9-inch glass pie pan. Set aside.

Combine all brownie ingredients EXCEPT caramels in large bowl; stir until well mixed.

Spread batter into prepared pan. Place caramel halves evenly over batter; press down lightly. Bake for 33-38 minutes or until top is set and toothpick inserted 2 inches from side comes out clean. Score into wedges while warm. Cool completely; cut into wedges.

Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Cool 5 minutes.

To serve, place brownie wedges on individual serving plates. Top with ice cream; drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.

tip: Refrigerate any leftover sauce; reheat before serving.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orange Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

This recipe came from one of my favorite foodie blogs: My Baking Addiction. If you've never checked it out, when you go for the recipe, poke around!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lemon Tart

We just looked one up on allrecipes.com which is another great place to find some good recipes. (although I am beginning to like foodie blogs better...) Either way this one turned out tasty. Ask my Auntie and Cousin, they were second and third tasters, and they liked it a lot. (and if you don't have tart pan, don't let that stop you. Get a fabulous aunt and then ask for it for your birthday =)Thanks auntie D!)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Down-Under-Lemon-Tart/Detail.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if my links worked, but just copy and past. I'll have to figure out how to make my links work for the future.

There you go my faithful readers! Thanks for being patient. And no need to worry, I just uploaded more of my food pictures, that are just waiting to be blogged about WITH THEIR ACCOMPANYING RECIPE. =) Have a fantastic day, and get in the kitchen and bake something! It will bring a smile to your face every time, it does mine. =)

Oh and Grandma and Grandpa take notes of what looks good, and I'll make it for you when I come!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay! Thank you! Can't wait to try these!

vine street said...

Hi!!! So is the lemon tart recipe the same one you brought for dinner on Sunday? I'll go check it out now..

Sarah said...

I would love to teach you all about crusts. Although, I doubt you need the teaching. :)