Friday, July 24, 2009

Nephi Rodeo

I thought I had found the best rodeo in Utah when I went to the Strawberry days, that was until I went to the Nephi Rodeo! Seriously it was AWESOME! No one had a bad seat, the stands were awesome. The pre rodeo was quite the show, the clown was actually kind of funny, and quite talented, AND there were fair rides outside....a faris wheel and all!


The Pre-Rodeo show....SOO many horses in the arena!


I went to get some refreshment and the sun through the trees looked BEAUTIFUL!







The Faris wheel outside the stands.....pretty sweet.


STORY OF THE SUMMER!
One a side note: the day before I went to the rodeo I went to this outdoor swim park with my cousin and her kids. While I was there I thought it would be alright if I didn't put on sunscreen thinking:
1. It was a cool day
2. The sun didn't feel hot enough to ACTUALLY burn me
3. The week before when I went tubing down the river I didn't get sunburn (granted I was WEARING sunscreen....ha ha funny how I thought that I didn't get sunburn on my own accord....ha ha....no, sunscreen works, really it does)
4. And really I was just rebelling against it....thinking I was better than the sun or SOMETHING

Well the result? You can probably guess it, yes one MASSIVE sunburn on my back, one which resulted in a HUGE blister in the middle of my back. Ask any of my friends who saw the blister, it was the biggest blister I have ever seen, and most of my friends too! The odd thing is that the blister didn't show up until a day and a half later (I found it the night I got home from the rodeo). Sorry I just couldn't document the blister....I was appalled by my behavior that I am trying to forget it happened, accept for the fact that I will ALWAYS wear sunscreen again. I am a dork sometimes.....but don't worry I discovered that they make SPRAY on sunscreen that works just as well! =) You live a learn....and unfortunately just because we are older doesn't mean we are all that smart yet....ha ha. So wear your sunscreen, the sun really will get you! A special thanks to all of you who endured my panic phone calls to you over my poor blister. I really thought it was never going to go away....what an experience.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Just found your blog through Tally's, and having a 4 year old, I have become a massively HUGE fan of spray on sunscreen myself!