
You may not be on the train of tender mercies, but I SURE AM! Ever since that talk of Elder Bednars, I've been counting the tender mercies right and left. Sometimes they seem to just jump out at me at hit me in the face so clearly--like today.
My life has been a chaotic mess since I found out that I had to have chemo, or so I feel that it has been, compared to before. Really most days and weeks have been survival mode: do the most important things first, and everything else just falls by the wayside. (I really can't wait for the days and weeks in the future where I will be able to make NO EXCUSES accept for I was lazy.....and even then I don't think that word is going to exist when I am feeling 100% again. Being "sick" will also no longer be a word in my vocabrulary either.....interesting what experience will do to change our perspective on life. =) One of the important things that somehow kept falling by the wayside is my car registration. (it was supposed to be done in August, it is now OCTOBER) Easy task you say. Yes, yes it is, but not when they don't send you the information in the mail like they did the year before. Being a relatively new car owner, three years, I am still learning how to do the all the adult activities that go with it. =)
No information in the mail=hard activity. This meant I had to 1) look up the DMV number 2) call the place I lived at last year to see if it somehow got mailed there, because that's where it was mailed to last year 3) call the DMV and see what I needed to do when step 2 wasn't successful 4) then DO what the DMV told me I needed to do (which before you talk to them can always seem like it is going to be the longest hardest activities, although most of the time it isn't.....=)
Last night my mother and I were talking about my coming road trip this weekend and I was telling her how my car registration was SOOO overdue and I didn't want to deal with it. As good moms do, she then sufficiently scared me by saying I shouldn't drive with my car registration overdue. I said I didn't care, what is a ticket anyways? (it seemed easier than actually getting my registration at this point....ha ha the irrational thoughts I have sometimes.) The fear only increased until I woke up in the middle of the night with the determination to get it done when I woke up.
It was 12:30am, so I proceeded to send a text to two old roommates at my old place to try and see if it was mailed there. (They must really think I am nuts....what a text message to get in the middle of the night). Back to bed I went and slumbered well knowing that I had done everything I could for the time being.
Morning came, I looked up the DMV number, called both roommates (because neither had responded to my frantic text......obviously it was not frantic enough.....) and got a hold of one. She said she looked and found nothing addressed to me there (looks like the post office does a good job at forwarding on mail we ask them to =) Now it was on to calling the DMV.
They immediately picked up and told me all that I needed to do was get an emissions test, and bring that with the previous years registration to the DMV (which is conviently now located DOWN THE STREET from my house.....) ***two tender mercies 1) how EASY it was going to be to solve my dumb problem 2) the DMV was SO CLOSE!
I found my registration and on my lunch break raced to the closest Emissions Testing Place! They were SUPER fast (***tender mercy #3)!! I even had a few minutes once I got to my school after lunch to sit and collect my thoughts. A little break in the hecktic day.
When school ended and it was a race to the DMV. I had a little window of time, because I had to be back up in Salt Lake to teach lessons. I found the DMV just down the street from my house and guess what? There was a registration renewal DRIVE THRU (Tender mercy #4)! It was again SUPER EASY and I was done in enough time to have time to drive up salt lake and have a nice chat with my cousin AND get things in order for school tomorrow.
Could you deny any of these tender mercies? I submit that I CANNOT! The Lord loves me! He loves YOU! He DOES answer prayers. He DOES give us hard things (like Monday of this week.....) but he DOES also give us SUPER DOOPER DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the SUPER DOOPER DAY!
And may I end this blog posting with another posting of Lyrics from another oh too favorite song....kind of along the same lines: Diamond Rio. Wrinkles

Gettin out of the tub all drawn up like a raisin
Showed my fingers to my daddy while he was shavin
Said look at my toes dad whats wrong with my skin
Will this go away, will I be normal again
Well he picked me up and set me down on the hamper
Wiped off his face while he gave me the answer
For the first time I noticed the lines in his grin
As he dabbed a little foam on the end of my chin, he said
Chorus
Those wrinkles aint nothin to be scared of
Theyre just a product of time and true love
Some are gonna come and go
Some are gonna come and stay
Son, youre still young, youre gonna be ok
Well, I walked down the hall, saw my mom gettin ready
For a long over due date, dinner with daddy
She was cussin those crows feet, didnt know I was listenin
Started talkin bout her younger years
And how much she missed them and I said
2nd chorus
Those wrinkles aint nothin to be scared of
Theyre just a product of time and true love
Some are gonna come and go
Some are gonna come and stay
Mom you still look young, youre gonna be ok
As I get a little older, Im startin to get a few
And Im sure I gave mom and dad at least one or two
Were all gonna have em, there aint no doubt
But those wrinkles in life aint nothin you cant iron out
3rd chorus
Those wrinkles aint nothin to be scared of
Theyre just a product of time and true love
Some are gonna come and go
Some are gonna come and stay
I still feel young, Im gonna be ok
Bridge
Those wrinkles aint nothin to be scared of
Theyre just a product of time and true love
Hope you like.....the song is even better with the music, download it on ITUNES and have a hay day in honor of JAMIE LYNN WICKITY WHAT WHAT!


5 comments:
I love your testimony of tender mercies...they are all around us huh? I found one last when Travis was late home from work and then had to go help this guy in our ward...wouldn't be home aroudn 10pm...fine except that I watched 2 extra kids for 4 hours and am usually in dying need of some support those 3 days a week and help from him when he gets home. Well that day the little boy decided to sleep the whole 4 hours! It was definitely a tender mercy for me. And I know we havn't kept in touch that much...which is why i'm excited that you now blog...but I just saw about your chemo and just want to give you a big hug...SQUEEZE! You've always amazed me and I'm sure that's not about to change.
I just want to say how hot you look in that picture.
Hey Jamie, that is one awesome purple dress that you are wearing!
You look gorgeous in that picture! So pretty! I love hearing your testimony, Jamie. Thank goodness for tender mercies!!!
Jamie! I found your blog on Jessica's and have just spent the last ten minutes reading your posts. I'm excited to keep in touch with you and I hope that you are doing well. I also heard you went through chemo, I wish you the best and want you to know that you are amazing! Talk to you later.
Post a Comment