Sunday, October 26, 2008

Writing To REMEMBER


May I just begin by saying how much I LOVE blogging. It is fulfilling this inner desire to explore and write my thoughts out. For so long thoughts have come and gone about things, and they become only that, fleeting thoughts that do not proceed much futher. BUT now I am beginning to write these thoughts down, explore the ideas, making them a bigger part of my life, of me. Can you remember the thoughts you had last week after that once in a lifetime experience? What about those "ah, ha!" moments you have? Epitamys? Or some of the seemingly insigificant thoughts we have, that we never write down? There was once a chance for those to become more to us, but because we didn't write them down it stayed only as a thought, and drifted into the oblivion of space, where all our other great thoughts go.

Here marks the beginning, or rather rekindeling, of my LOVE with writing. Writing was a love when I was younger, but somewhere I lost that love along the way. (Probably when grades became attached to writing). Therefore I have had a negative feeling towards writing that has now been overturned and a fire has been ignited that is only becoming more bright.

These new writing endeavors aren't, in any way, edited or finished products. Infact they are rough, rough drafts. Many could be improved if I did the thing called editing (yet another scary word from the school days) but because of lack of time this will be put on hold for now. Better to do some than nothing at all I say.

Let the writing begin! Time to put the thoughts onto paper (or the blog). Time to write my imperfect prose and to add to my memories of that life I lead. The topics that concern my thoughts, so later, I may go back, read, and REMEMBER.

No comments: