
As I sat in church today a line from a hymn kept running through my mind: sweet is the peace the gospel brings! Never a more true statement. I love it. I've been thinking a lot about this very topic recently. It always goes back to my mom how she always tells me that in the gospel we find all of our answers and PEACE! Our Heavenly Father can do that for us, through prayer and study. People can't do it for us, the world can't do it for us, but our Heavenly Father CAN! He sent His Son to live on earth and then atone for US--each and every one of us! Everyone of us has access to His atonement for us if we are just let it in.
Seems like such an easy thing, to just open our hearts and let it in. How frequently we are distracted and misled by so many things, all of which are directed by the adversary. If we but REMEMBER the peace will enter. Peace does come. I KNOW this. I have felt it more times in the last six months then I can even begin to count. Heavenly Father brings us peace, and especially when we need it, which is not always the same as what we think is best.
Stretching He will do. And when I look back, I am grateful for the stretching He inserts into my life. Looking back on these stretching experiences, I am close to loving them. I won't say I completely love them because that would be an utter lie and we'd all know it. BUT I do pray that as life continues and the streching continues that I keep working my way to loving the 'stretch until you almost break' times.
It is only through those times that you learn to appreciate when you do feel good. When you feel productive. When you feel like you are meeting your goals. When you are moving toward the end goal, of becoming like our Heavenly Father.
May we all lean more on our Heavenly Father. May we keep our glasses half full as much as possible, and in those streching moments strech ourselves to the one true place of peace, the gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment