
Amy and I have been on many walk abouts on weekend mornings for a number of weeks now. But this past Saturday we ventured into the mountains with our friend Lauren. We had a few options, but ended up choose to hike the living room. It was awesome, and for many reasons. The number one reason was probably the fact that I hiked the same hike last year, with my ward, and only made it about half way and could not possibly go any further. I remember feeling so sick and frustrated that I couldn't make it to the top. This is unlike the person I knew myself to be, and I can still remember the feeling.
As I reached the spot I made it to last year, I had such a great feeling! I felt the difference between the two times! I once again realized that chemo took some real effects on my body, but I've found my way back to a sort of normal where I am able to enjoy some of my favorite things again without having to worry about getting sick or making it to the top! It's nice. Really nice.
The last couple of weeks I finally feel that spring here. I have decided to try and hike every weekend. Here are pictures from The Living Room.

A view of the Valley from the seats in 'the living room' (there are actually rocks that have been moved to make chairs, pretty sweet I'd have to say! Somehow I forgot to document that, next time.) Off to the right is one of my favorite places to visit (the Huntsman and the University of Utah Hospital) and if you have really good eyes you can see downtown Salt Lake, complete with the temple. Far out there is the airport.

While we were admiring the view, we were pleased to be graced by two birds flying in the air. (I am not sure what kind of birds. I need to brush up on my bird identifying and naming skills) At times they were really close. I tried to capture a picture, but didn't get a fantastic one. Here is the best picture I was able to get with my little point and shoot camera:

This hike was a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father! He loves me as He loves each one of His children!
No comments:
Post a Comment